Why Get Tested?
We have identified specific physical and biomechanical attributes that define golf swing proficiency.
- Do you have the requisite flexibility for a proficient golf swing?
- Do you have the proper swing biomechanics to utilize elastic energy for maximal power?
What Is Involved?
- Trunk and hip flexibility assessment to relate flexibility to golf swing biomechanics:
- X-Factor – pelvis-trunk dissociation
- Kinematic Sequence – pelvis trunk energy transfer
- Ground Reaction Forces – weight shift
- Golf swing biomechanics assessment using state of the art high speed cameras and force plates
What Is the End Product?
Golfers will receive a comprehensive report that will include appropriate exercises to improve flexibility and/or swing biomechanics if deficiencies are identified.
NISMAT Golf Biomechanics Research
2488608 S56ZU2DB NISMAT_golf items 1 author desc 1 1
McHugh, M. P., O’Mahoney, C. A., Orishimo, K. F., Kremenic, I. J., & Nicholas, S. J. (2022). Importance of Transverse Plane Flexibility for Proficiency in Golf. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 36(2), e49–e54. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0000000000004167 Cite Download
Includes flexibility assessment, golf swing biomechanics assessment, comprehensive report, and follow-up 30 min discussion of results and recommendations.
Testing takes ~75 min.
Report delivered ~2 days later (after detailed analyses).