A sampling of projects currently underway at NISMAT include:
- Differentiation of central and peripheral fatigue in endurance athletes.
- Biomechanics of gait in patients undergoing total knee replacement surgery.
- Comparison of gait in patients undergoing total hip replacement compared to patients having hip resurfacing.
- Biomechanics of landing in dancers compared with college-level athletes [with specific applications to ACL injury risk].
- Dynamic measurement of pressure distribution under the meniscus in a cadaveric model.
- Comparison of techniques for ACL rehabilitation: traditional rehab vs. incorporating electrical stimulation vs. incorporating peripheral magnetic stimulation of the femoral nerve.
- Comparison of single vs. double-row suture techniques in rotator cuff repair.
- Alteration of gait mechanics when using a medial unloader brace.
- Novel treatment for tennis elbow.